Pages

Saturday 5 January 2019

A Local Delicacy/summer learning journey 2018/19

Hi Bloggers,

The food I pick is Okonomoyaik which is a japanese pancake:

for the recipe my mum used you need:

1 can of jackfruit

1 tablespoon of soy sauce

1 cup of buckwheat flower

2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds

2 tablespoons of ground dried shiitakes mushrooms

1 teaspoon stock- preferably  mushroom stock

half a teaspoon chinese five spice

1 cup of water     

half a savoy cabbage head finely shredded

1 cup of grated carrot

1 green onion chopped

1 tablespoons chopped marinated ginger

Here is a picture of this food:

Image result for Okonomiyaki
1024 × 1024

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joslyne,

    Wow, that looks delicious! I can't say I've ever seen, or even heard of, a okonomoyaik before. I'm planning on going to Japan later this year so I'll have to try one while I'm over there. Once you've got all of the ingredients what do you do with them to create the pancake?

    Talk soon,

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mikey I hope you like it. You just need to put all the ingredients on the pan and make into a pancake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Joslyne,

      It sounds so simple! I'm not the best of cooks but I think even I could manage this recipe (haha). Thank you for sharing it with me. :)

      Bye for now,

      Mikey

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.